Restroom Cleaning at Sports Facilities
Restroom Cleanliness is a Top Priority
Stadiums, arenas, and other sports facilities see millions of guests walk through their doors each year. And a good number of these fans will make their way to the concessions areas to buy, among other things, soda and alcohol. It’s a high-traffic, high-energy environment. As a result, restrooms at sports facilities can take an absolute beating.
Restroom cleanliness, then, has always been a top priority when it comes to sports facility upkeep. Furthermore, the post-COVID era has led to a new awareness of public health and safety. Studies show that 80% of respondents feel more unsafe using an unclean public restroom now compared with how they felt prior to the pandemic. These sentiments are likely the new normal for the foreseeable future. Sports facility management and janitorial crews must respond accordingly.
High Frequency and High Visibility
A clean appearance and pleasant smell in your venue’s facilities are a must. However, fans today need more. They need to feel safe. They want to know that the venue’s staff is taking care of them while they’re having a good time. So not only does your cleaning crew need a detailed and complete schedule and cleaning protocols, as well as effective disinfecting supplies. They need to maintain a degree of visibility to your guests to put their minds at ease. The following is a list of best practices to make sure your janitorial crews are ensuring a safe, sanitary environment for the fans.
- Build a checklist and a schedule – Stadiums are huge structures. Developing a list that addresses all high-touch areas and contact points – door handles, fixture handles, soap and towel dispensers, countertops will ensure that nothing gets overlooked while a high-frequency schedule will make sure these spots stay clean.
- Personal protective equipment – instruct your staff to wear gloves and face masks while working.
- Adhere to current local social distancing and masking policies.
- Use clean tools – make sure staff is using clean mop heads, scrubbers, buckets, etc.
- Use effective supplies – the EPA’s List N is a list of certified products known to kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19). This list includes Bioesque’s Botanical Disinfectant Solution, featuring a 55-second kill time.
- Use supplies effectively – apply disinfectants liberally to all restroom surfaces and let them dwell according to the time prescribed by the manufacturer.
Take Care of the Little Things
Going the extra mile to make sure the little things are taken care of goes a long way in fans’ eyes. For example, soap dispensers should never be empty and toilet paper should always be stocked. When fans see management taking care of the little details, they feel a lot safer and more satisfied. This ensures a great time at the game and many repeat visits in the future.