Hotel Restroom Care in the Time of Coronavirus
Coronavirus and a New Era of Clean
With properties reopening all over the county, guests are still to fill hotels again along with new expectations concerning safety and cleanliness. The cleanliness of restrooms has always been the benchmark of a clean property, even before COVID. However, in the pandemic’s wake, it has taken on a new significance. Studies show that 80% of respondents feel more unsafe using an unclean public restroom now compared with how they felt prior to the pandemic. These sentiments will likely stick around for a while and hotel managers and housekeeping crews need to respond accordingly.
Clean, Sanitized, and Safe
In today’s climate, a clean appearance isn’t enough. Hotel guests are more aware than ever of disinfection and will expect a safe and sanitary environment. Crews need a detailed and complete schedule and cleaning protocols, as well as effective disinfecting supplies. The following is a list of best practices to make sure your housekeeping crews are ensuring a safe, sanitary environment and putting your guests’ minds at ease.
- Develop a checklist – Using a list that address all high-touch areas and contact points will make sure nothing gets overlooked.
- Personal protective equipment – instruct your staff to wear gloves and face masks while working.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Use clean tools – make sure staff is using clean mop heads, scrubbers, buckets, etc.
- Use effective supplies – the EPA’s List N is a list of certified products known to kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19). This list includes Bioesque’s Botanical Disinfectant Solution, featuring a 55-second kill time.
- Use supplies effectively – apply disinfectants liberally to all restroom surfaces and let them dwell according to the time prescribed by the manufacturer.
Attend to the Details and Maintain Visibility
Making sure that soap dispensers are filled, toilet paper is stocked, and towels are replaced will drive guest satisfaction. It also serves to remind them that you’re paying attention to every detail. Increasing cleaning frequency will also ensure that your guests are seeing high activity from your housekeeping crew. They’ll feel much more at ease while staying at your property and will be much more likely to return.